Breaking News
Loading...

Favorite Holiday Recipe

8:08 AM

My motto as a kid was always "eat dessert first! We would go to the yummiest grossest cafe on Earth, Luby's and I would always get chocolate pie and devour it first. Just in case a fire ever occurred, I didn't want my dessert to waste. I can now thank Luby's for the extra pounds I acquired as a kid.

Since we are speaking of desserts, my new favorite as an adult with a richer palette is my mom's pecan pie! We always enjoy it during the holiday season, so why not share it with you today?! Last week, on Thanksgiving I ate less of the "big meal" to save room for the 3 pieces (yes, you read that right) of mom's Pecan Pie that I nibbled on the rest of the day! It was dessert, dinner, and my late night snack! It's just that good! 

This recipe holds special meaning to my heart not only because mom makes it, but because my late Grandpa LOVED it! Every holiday he would make extra sure we were bringing the pecan pie that was made with fresh pecans from his tree. And we always saved the last piece for him.
I know this recipe is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!


Do you have a special, family recipe you religiously rely on every holiday season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer